Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Confetti Spa and Salon

I purchased this deal for P1000 from Ensogo Philippines since they offered an unbelievable discount of 83% (P5000 savings), check this deal here. The blurb on the deal really got me. It says a "permanent" hair straightening system and a"longer period of time" rebond. Lowering my expectation, I take it as a marketing ploy and stick myself into getting that hot-oil treatment and a rebond that would last a month just to try this salon which I've never heard until recently.

Party Last Night

I called the store for a schedule and they set me an appointment on January 13, 2011 at 10AM. As for my excitement I woke up early that day and arrived at the salon around quarter before 10AM. The salon is located at Makati Finance Building, see the map here. We waited for the clock to strike 10AM and ten minutes later nobody have arrived yet. I asked the security guard about the usual time that the hairstylists checks-in and he said that the salon employees had a party last night. The guard woke-up the salon personnel that was sleeping inside. Then after some follow-ups or nagging I made with the salon personnel about the store opening, he called someone probably one of the hairstylists to get to the salon quickly. So to put my growing frustration aside, my hubby and I went to a Korean restaurant nearby to have an early lunch and since the store told me that the process will take 5 hours which will skip lunchtime.

The Hairstylist

The store opened eventually just 15 minutes before we finished eating. The treatment process was ok, though the stylist does not seem to be professionally trained as he keeps on pulling my hair. He is a straight male, whereby I'm more comfortable that gays handle my hair, I inquire about his background and he told me he honed his skills on a salon owned by his relative. The guy seem to be hospitable since he apologized for the delay and he offered me a coffee which is a treat for Confetti customers. Though I decline the offer since I was still full from where I came from.

Actual Cost

So this is where my complaint starts.Twelve days later, I found my hair was losing its "rebondness". My hair became frizzy starting from the tip going upwards. Though three-inches from the scalp the rebond is still good. I think I was shortchanged by the Confetti-Ensogo promo.The so-called P6000 rebond showed its ugly side, it is not a rebond I expect from P6000.

When we got by the salon, we saw this big banner in front saying "REBONDING W/ TREATMENT 1,500 any length". Having seen the results today, I now realized that the P6000 voucher really did costs P1500 which my hubby kept on telling like a conscience in one of those Safeguard's ads. I only saved 66% which is P500 for my P1000 purchase. It is still not bad since I have saved something but at the expense of poor quality work.


They also offered me a cellophane treatment which I also availed worth P1000, I don't know what got into me maybe I was swayed by the promise that the hair will be more beautiful than with the standard rebond.
The whole treatment costs me P1000 (Ensogo voucher) plus P1000 (cellophane), it is still a good price though. But if it were P6000 as what the Ensogo voucher says about the actual value then it is a rip-off. I always thought that these promos would promote public awareness of the existence of good service of unknown stores but this time it seems they are creating a bad image themselves.

Conclusion

I'm still looking for that Salon that I can call my "suki" for rebonding. Last time I had a rebond it costs me P3500, it is home service referred to me by my mom-in-law. It lasted three months but it looks fake as a wig. Probably I'll try those real quality rebonds costing around P10,000 provided that I don't have anything good to do with money. If you have any salon that you want to share, feel free to comment here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post. I purchased the voucher too sometime last year. I have doubts now whether to use the voucher or not. I am having trouble reaching them for an appointment... I read negative feedbacks... Gosh, goodbye 1,000.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi myglitch i think nagclose na ang confetti...dapat sched ako bukas kaso sabi ng ensogo sa ibang salon na daw sa QC but we're way too far from QC...one factor we consider before we buy a voucher is the location of the stablishment...dapat i refund nila money or at least credit it again to my ensogo account nalang para makapili ng ibang deal...hindi sila nagrerespond sa 2nd email ko and hirap din contakin sa phone...do you know san ko sila pwede reklamo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They closed?! I'm not sure if I'd be happy or not. I was expecting them to fix up their act. Maybe the last act was to screw their name. Sigh. Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete