Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sansung Korean Restaurant

I've been wanting to eat Korean food since the first time I've watched a Koreanovela and got interested how their food taste. Now it's been who-knows-when that I also got my hubby get into the habit of eating Korean food just for the adventure of it.

So far we've been to a few Korean restaurants and this would be my first time to blog about Korean food. The first on my list would be Sansung Korean Restaurant as the title already says. Actually I didn't know the name of this restaurant since its name is in Korean but we checked our credit card bill and the name was there.

Sansung Restaurant


My hubby ordered Bibimbap since he tasted a version of it in K-BOP a newly opened fast food restaurant in Piazza Mall, McKinley. I ordered Jajjangmyun and Nude Kimbap since I want to compare the taste of it with Kogi Bulgogi's version.

It took a while that we wondered if free side dish will be served since it's been customary to all the Korean restaurant we've been. After giving up hope that side dish won't be served, they arrived.

Ten Side Dishes

 The number of side dish I think exceeds with what Kogi Bulgogi is serving. I still wonder if we had only ordered one main dish will they still serve this many side dishes? We barely touched the side dish when the main dishes arrived.


The first main dish that was served was my hubby's Bibimbap. His first and last impression: he didn't like it. He said it lacked the beef that he was expecting. and most of the ingredients can be found in the side dish.

Bibimbap without Beef P350

He did liked one thing about this Bibimbap and it's the red paste underneath the egg topping. That's my hubby, he's not fond of eating veggies but when I tasted his Bibimbap I think it is good. Good, because I don't have anything to compare it with. I'm still curious what's the red paste was all about.

Chili paste inside

The next to arrived was my Jajjangmyun and our additional Nude Kimbap. I can say this was the best ever I've tasted so far. I almost forgot to take a picture of it since I was so excited to taste it. My hubby reminded me that after I ate my first chopstick.

Jajjangmyun P280

We didn't have time to eat the Nude Kimbap since we're already full so we requested to have it packed for take-out.

Nude Kimbap
I might return to Makati Avenue since there's a lot of Korean restaurant out there to satisfy my cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment